Wednesday, March 25, 2009















This sure has been a dreary week so far when you think about what a beautiful weekend we had. The sun was shinning all day Saturday and everyone was out soaking up the warm breezes and futzing around the yards. I picked up a few sticks that littered the gardens and checked the buds on the Magnolia tree. I believe we will have a striking display of blooms this spring.
Jeff went for a bicycle ride with his friend Dave and I took my camera for a walk around town. I was going to practice taking pictures of children playing but Jeff pointed out that some people might find it creepy having a stranger take pictures of their children in the park. There really isn’t a lot to take pictures of this time of the year. I worked on the white balance for taking pictures in the bright light.

Sunday we went into St. Paul where we met Vickie and Ridley at the coffee shop. Jeff took care of some business for Chords and Boards and we all met up at the Como Park ball fields. It sure was windy and sort of wet and cold so Ridley and Vickie went back home and waited for Dad to get home from work. Meanwhile; Jeff played a little ‘burn ball’ with some of the other volunteers from the MS society. (Jeff helps on one event during the summer) And I wondered around the park and took some pictures. I did end up taking pictures of a father and kid flying a kite on this windy day. (Creepy!)

Oh, what is burn ball you ask? The best I can come up with is it’s like T-ball for parties. There were people of all ages playing this game. They hit a ball and ran the bases, the bases just weren’t as far apart, and they played with a tennis ball. They seem to be having fun.
When we got home I put the pork roast in the oven and be jumped on our bikes and rode around town for an hour. It is a dam good thing we coast down the hills because the going up was killing me. Wow, that is work around here. Bill joined us for dinner later in the evening and shared a slide show of the photos he shot on a number of locations around the US. There were some incredible shots, simply beautiful. I feel very humble around people that have the art of photography figured out. I’ll stick to the family photos and leave the art to those who can.
It looks like it’s going to be a wet week through out the mid west, so get out the umbrella and dust off the rain coat. Happy Spring

No comments: