Monday, March 30, 2009

Great to see you....

I had my first official day back to work last week. It was basically to work on a game plain for the up coming season. Sarah’s husband Scott designed a soft ware program that will help us keep better track on what goes into the job as far as time and materials. It’s going to save me a lot of work; this was something that I used to do last years at the end of the day. And the cool thing is that Sarah and I can work on it anywhere that we are able to get Internet. We will have a kick off meeting with everyone next week and then probable start the week of April 6th with spring garden clean ups. Sarah was on a local TV show last week. This is the link (if I did this right). twincitieslive.com - Curb Appeal
I did get myself two new pair of work pants, yes one is Carhartt’s, and the other pair is Lee carpenter pants, I put my shears in the side pocket. Works great for keeping tools handy.
I had what I think is my last doctor appointment for my hand. The therapist is quite happy with the progress that has happened over the last 12 weeks. I’m not totally pain free, but I do see hope that this will make life a bit more painless. I am going to hold off until July to make a conclusion about the results of the surgery.

We had dinner with Vickie and family to celebrate Vickie’s birthday last Thursday. It was pretty low key. I hadn’t been to the restaurant she picked, but they frequent this micro brewery on occasion and the food and drink were quite good. Ridley seemed to enjoy celebrating Mom’s Birthday too.

I am so relieved to know that Doris is doing OK. However; I will continue to worry about her. Sorry, that’s just the way it is, I love you. So let that be a warning to the rest of you.
















Kate and Caleb stopped for a late lunch and a visit after. It sure was great having the two of them here for even a short visit. “Our peeps are the shit” It really was so great that they took the time to stop and spend some time with us. It really made my month. We are looking forward to seeing them again at Bradly's graduation. I have been feeling a little home sick, must be the season, I believe someone else in the family just made the same comment.


I got to spend an extra day with Ridley Dexter this week. His regular Monday play mate wasn't able to hang with him today, so I got to spend a little more time with him. Tomorrow will be my last regular Tuesday play time with him, as I will be going back to work next week. Sure am going to miss those wonderful baby hugs and sloppy kisses every week.

And this is Gilmore, one of my favorite cats, he would make great mittens.

1 comment:

LibraryLady said...

I hope to NEVER see a pair of mittens made of Gilmour. That would be just wrong -- very, very wrong.