Sunday, March 8, 2009

A rather quiet week




This has been a rather quiet week so far, not much happened, and I’m not saying that like it’s a bad thing.


I went to my therapy appointment on Tuesday to work on range of motion in my hand. She was impressed at how well I am regaining the movement and perhaps next week we will start working on the strength in my right hand. I like that idea.
Wednesday morning I met with Sarah, my boss, to interview a young lady to work on the crew with me. She isn’t a greatly experienced gardener, but she seems to have a good work ethic and she seems up to the task. I’m thinking that she will do fine, we will be happy to teach her how we do things as a team.
In the afternoon I had a chance to hang out with Ridley. He wasn’t his normal smiley boy at first, but he was feeling better in the afternoon. Jeff finished his piano tuning day a little early, so he joined me and Ridley for some Grandpa time. Meanwhile; I set to creating an experiment in the kitchen. Actually it was Shrimp Lemon Pepper Linguini that I had never made before. We ate shortly after Vickie got home from work. That worked out well, we had dinner at a reasonable time and spent a little more time with Vickie to hear about her day and by the time we finished dinner, rush hour traffic had let up. (If anyone is interested, this is the link…. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Lemon-Pepper-Linguini/Detail.aspx?src=etaf)

On Friday I spent some more time with young Mr. Ridley. He was in a better place on Friday than he was on Tue in spite of a visit to the doctor for his 4 month check up and shots on Thursday. Ouch. He is doing well and if you would like to get more of the details on the doctor visit and see a great shot clip of Ridley rolling over and saying cute stuff check out the Holland Baby blog, it’s very cute. It's pretty cool how she has got the short clip thing down.
http://thehollandbaby.blogspot.com/

Photo by Vickie
After Jeff tuned a couple pianos on Saturday morning we went to St. Paul and picked up Vickie and Ridley and went to “Babies R Us” to assist Vickie with picking out a highchair for Ridley. It isn’t going to be too much longer and he will be using it on a regular basis. Vickie sent us a picture of him sitting in his new chair with the suction cup monkey on the tray. It doesn’t look like he is really sure of what to make of this new situation. While we were at the baby stuff store we managed to find a few cute baby clothes; he is a well dressed boy. He grows out of the stuff so fast! It’s hard to believe he’s over 15 lb., and rolling over picking things up and trying so hard to sit up, it really is amazing. It’s like you can see the wheels turning when you look in his bright eyes.
The camera store is right next to the Baby store so we may have picked up my birthday present early so I can learn to use it a little better while I’m off of work and I can take it with me when Char and I go visit out peps in Wis. We’ll see if this helps to take better pictures. I have signed up for a class on how to use it to its fullest. Two free classes came with the camera. I’ll sigh up for the second one after I have had some time to use what I learned in the first one.
On Thursday I saw four swans fly over the house and Friday I saw two Robins near the park in St. Paul. It will be spring soon; it seems like it has been a longer winter than normal.

Photo by; A. Fredrickson

No comments: