Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Wishes


Just checking in to let everyone know that things are going well as we roll into the big Holiday week. The excitement of seeing family from near and far is mounting and sparking the wonderful memories of years gone by.

The Cutler boy's 1958

Rammingers-1981 (?)

My hand is in the bandage until December 29th; at which time the stitches will come out and the cast will go on for another 4 to 5 weeks.

I have a cooling system inside the bandages. There are two tubes that connect to other tubes that feeds cold water through the coiled pad at the point of injury that helps relieve the swelling. I am hooked up to a 'cooler' while I watch TV, a small pump circulates the ice water. The tubes do get in the way and can be a bit uncomfortable at times; however the pros far out way the cons.

This time I know better what to expect and it's not my dominant hand so I don't feel as clumsy. Typing with one hand is time consuming, but it works. And folding laundry takes a loong time.

The forecast for today's weather is for more snow. Depending on who you want to believe, we could have anywhere from 4 to 8 inches by the time it ends. We, as an area, are running out of space to put even two more inches. Wonder what they did in the past? The street is narrowing quickly. I do feel some guilt that I am not able help him with the snow piling proses.


This following photo was on the web site for the national weather service Sunday December 12th 2010. It was taken by a amateur photographer in Stillwater. This is one of the city's historic homes from the peak of the Lumber Jack days.




We hope that everyone is having a good Holiday Time so far.
Happy Happy....

No comments: