Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday in Wisconsin



I spent time with my family in Eastern Wisconsin to celebrate the Holiday Season and spend some time with the ones I love and don't get to see very often. My new wheels did very well on the way there and back, quite comfortable and a great sound system.




I spent the first couple days with Mom. I could have spent more, it went by so fast. Thursday Carol invited us over for home made soup, it was wonderful and just about the whole family was there for awhile. We all hung out around the table and talked about life in general. It's something that I don't get a chance to do very often.

On Friday I spent some time with David and Vicky; took a little road trip and had lunch. After I got back to Mom's I gathered my things and headed to Char's to do some decorating together and get set up for game night. David came with Kate and Caleb.



Doris was there and Steph join us a little into the night.
We played some great games and ate good food and overall I had a wonderful time. I hope everyone else did too.

On Saturday Char and I went to Lori's where Carol picked us up to make the rounds. We went to the Old World Market in Elkhart Lake where we sampled the wares and ....
Saw St Nick.
We had a great time.
On Sunday we all got together and Lori and Steve's place for brunch. David brought Mom. And although Vicky and Carol weren't able to make it because they were working I know they where there in spirit and in heart.

Char made the French Toast and Steve and Steph made omelets in a bag. They mixed all the ingredients into a zip lock freezer bag and dropped it in boiling water. The omelets were good and there weren't as many pots to clean up.
We are in the middle of a blizzard today. We are about 12 hours into the storm and have about a foot of new snow so far with about 10 more hours of snow ahead of us. One of the neighbors called to invite us and several others to a pizza party tonight. Of course everyone invited is within walking distance.
On Monday I am going to have the thumb on my left hand repaired. The surgeon will replace the vanished cartilage with a plastic piece. I had this done to the right thumb a couple years ago. There is very noticeable difference in the type and intensity of the pain. I know now that it is going to be months for the recovery, but in the long run it is going to be the best thing to better use my hands. So I have a lot to do before Monday. Thanks for all the well wishes, I'll let you know in a day or two how I'm doing.










No comments: