Sunday, March 7, 2010

In like a Lamb

Looks like another family member got a new car. Yesterday I saw the first motorcycle for the season, and no it wasn't Jeff. I did do a double take just to make sure it wasn't. Last year Jeff's first ride to take it in for routine service was February 25th. I don't believe he has really thought about it too seriously yet.

This Helen Jacobs painting reminds me of spring. Today is the first day that I have opened a window in the house! It's nice to hear the birds and smell the fresh air. Still feels a bit chilly, so the window won't be open too long, but, I have spring fever.





















The first week of March has certainly been like a 'lamb' this year. The snow banks are retreating and leaving behind the dirt and turds that were hidden all winter. Wow what a mess. But I can see the fountain in the garden and the path is becoming more apparent than it was even a couple days ago.
I recently got a new garden tool called a Japanese Digging Knife; and I am looking forward to finding all the cool things this knife will be used for. I'm thinking it will be great to cut back the perennials from last season and cutting sports from the hosta. I'll come up with more as the season presents it's self. I am impressed at the edge of the blade; I'll see how long it keeps the edge in the garden. Don't think I would be able to ware it into a store,(not that I would) it's just over 6 inches long! Wish I would have had this in the days I was silly enough to lay sod, that isn't happening again so I will also use it to divide plants.
I have a couple house plants that I decided needed some fresh soil so off I go to get my hands in the dirt. Hope all of you have a great afternoon too.
AML















No comments: