Friday, November 13, 2009

One fine Autumn Day

When driving over the bridge one fine Autumn day to get pumpkins in Wisconsin; we were stopped as the lift bridge opened to let a river boat through. The hill side in the back ground was alive with bright colors. It was very beautiful.


Later that day we broke the beaten path to a less traveled trail as we
went to see the oldest stone bridge in Minnesota. It was very interesting
but also marked as protected historical site with stiff penalty's for
trespassers. I didn't want to push my luck so I stayed back a respectable distance. I will get permission the next time I am interested in seeing or photographing it.
Imagine what and who traveled over that bridge though history... It isn't very wide, big enough for one cart or two people.

Now that I'm not working as much I have to try to be better behaved at regulating my life style. And by that I mean my diet and amount of activity I maintain.

We probable have about a weeks worth of work that we will stretch out over two weeks. So now that I won't be as active during the day I am going to have to start exercising in order to loss or even keep off any unwanted weight. Every year it seems to get harder to fight this battle of the bulge. I brought home the exercise bike that was in Mom's guest room so Jeff said he will tune it up and I will ride the bike to get some exercise. I just have to discipline myself and keep on track with my diet and the exercise. Wish me luck.
I hope that everyone has enjoyed the Indian summer that we were blessed with the past week in the Midwest. Hard to think of what it really will be in the near future. October was more like November and November like October. Keep seasonably warm thoughts.
AML

No comments: