Friday, November 20, 2009

A Change of Seasons



What a beautiful day for November 20th. It was pretty much my last day of work for the season, and I was ready. But today the sky was blue, very light breeze and about 45 degrees; a great day to finish the season. Jeff and I both finished the work day early and took advantage of the beautiful day by going for a short and not too fast of a motorcycle ride. Now I can say that we rode the bike on November 20 in Minnesota and didn't have a snowmobile suit on.


This was the first week of my time back with Ridley. On Tuesdays through out the winter Ridley and I get the opportunity to play together. This week we went for a walk to the park that is about a block from Vickie and Josh's house. Ridley sat on my lap while the swing went back and forth. He likes to keep it mild now, but by next summer I bet he is going to love swinging to the sky. It is so cool to look into those big blue eyes and see the wheels turning. Time doesn't stand still for baby boys. He sure likes to keep busy.


Wow, I can't believe that this week is Thanks Giving! I need to make a shopping list and check the coupons. We are having ham rather than turkey, we like ham more. We will be having dinner with with family and friends. I hadn't really thought about it till now, but that means I can get the Christmas tree on Friday. I really enjoy decorating the house for the Holidays and this year I am using some artificial garland and scaling back on the amount. We will have a real Fraser Fir, if I find a reasonable one, or a Balsam, it's the smell; like Christmas. And let the decorating begin.

Well where ever you are this weekend, I hope it's a good one.

AML

1 comment:

LibraryLady said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jeff, dear Diane! Enjoy time with family and friends -- it's the most important thing we can do. Hugs,

~H