Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time Flies

Last Sunday Jeff and I went to the Dome to see the Twins play the White Sox's. We were guest of Yamaha, the dealer Jeff bought his motorcycle from. Before the game several Yamaha owners rode around the field. Jeff has a Honda, so that wasn't what the promoters were looking for. The Twins won by a landslide and the over priced food and beer added to the wonderful afternoon. This is the last year the Twins will be playing in the Metro Dome, I think that is sort of sad, I enjoyed the climate controlled environment, but I must be one of the few. Guess if I want to watch a sporting event in the dome after this fall I will have to go to a Vikings game. I don't care too much to watch the game on TV, but it's more fun when you are in the stands.



This weekend is the Honda VTX rally in La Crosse Wisconsin so guess where Jeff went? That really wasn't a question. I wasn't able to take time off right now and from the way the weather looks, I am glad I didn't go. Wet and chilly, and a sore butt, not my idea of a really great time. I have to stick to shorter rides. But I know that he is having a good time. So there you have it.


And speaking of 'good time', on Tuesday July 14th Jeff and I went to Cirque du soler in St. Paul. It was a wonderful show. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was over whelmed. A couple times I found myself covering my eyes because I didn't want to see the guy fall to his death, but he didn't. Acrobats and gymnast with tight rope and juggling. It was amazing. The following is a video of the most incredible show of super human flexibility, dexterity and strength. In the video there are three woman, but we saw only two of them at this show, this blew me away. It was very close to this routine, just one less twisted body on the night we went to the show. Wow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1Tta90tug


photo taken by Vickie July 11
Ridley is getting some new teeth on his upper jaw; see the little fangs. It seems like his eye teeth are coming in first so he looks like a baby vampire. Ridley is 8 months now and keeps getting to be more of an individual and more mobile every day. Vickie and Josh are on the search for a house to call their own to raise the little man. We're keeping our fingers crossed that they find the perfect place sooner rather than later.
Photo by Vickie July 11
Robin will be home for a visit in a few short weeks. Jeff is taller than usual when he talks about it. We are hoping to have a family Bar BQ. This will give the family a chance to get together during the crazy, busy summer and spend some time catching up on each others lives. We shall serve the traditional summer feast of burgers and brats. Johnsonville Beer Brats are Jeff's new favorite. I'll keep you posted on the arrangements so if you happen to be in the neighborhood...



And the biggest of Congratulations to Charlene in the new job as of August 3. Char is going to be the new branch manager of Cedar Grove Wisconsin Wells Fargo. Cedar Grove is a small town about 18 miles south of Sheboygan. It seems so ironic that she would be moving to the area were I grew up and my family still resides. I do admit that I am going to miss having her closer, but this is far better than Alaska. I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments and how she has handled herself. I am relieve to know that she is going to have the support of family to help back her up when she needs it. I am as excited as she is about her opportunity to getting in touch with her maternal roots and family. I am also happy that my closest family members are going to also have the opportunity to know Char better. It's a great place for her to start a fresh new beginning.

No comments: