Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lade Slippers and Iris


A client called Sarah this week and asked her to let me know that the Lady Slipper is in bloom at the house. She knows that I like to take pictures of flowers and she has a beautiful property to photograph. It is by far my favorite place to work.


Monday and Tuesday we worked in the rain. We are very grateful for the precipitation, however, I don't care to work in the wet and cold. And I forgot to mention muddy. That was our pay back for having such a dry spring. Hopefully it will even out a little better between enough rain and the sunny days.


photo by Vickie

What a great smile; showing off those pearly whites.
Wow! Ridley is crawling!!! He is such a little man, it seems like the time is jetting past and he is growing so fast. He laughs when he sees his silly Grandpa Jeff, surprise. Jeff is so proud of Vickie and Josh and "the perfect in every way" Ridley. He is quite a special gift, and yes, cute as a bug.

Anderson's Iris Garden


On Saturday afternoon my friend Paul and I went to Anderson's Iris Garden about 20 miles north of Stillwater. It is a privet home, however it is also a business. There are catalogs and you mark the ones you like as you go throw and turn in our order for shipping later when they are divided. It is really an amazing sight the first time you drive up the long drive way and see the over 100 yard garden with iris and peonies in bloom. There is a second area that is even larger behind a line of trees. It really is beautiful. I think there are a couple peonies that I would be interested in trying. The drive there and the area is cool too and it looks like it might be a nice motorcycle ride around a couple lakes. I think Jeff would enjoy all the different colors of German Bearded Iris as well as the ride. I would like to go back when the Day Lily's are in bloom.

Iris over my shoulder.








Jeff will be home around dinner time I'm guessing from the weekend with the MS150. It sounds like he is enjoying the experience and other than one small shower late in the afternoon the weather is looking great. One of my co-workers is riding in the 150, her Dad has MS.
So until he gets home I will play in the yard and see if I can find the hosta to take the place of the iris that I can't grow. It's going to be a great Sunday, hope everyone enjoys the day.


AML






No comments: