Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Great Summer Weekend





Last week was so long for a four day week. Not sure what made it feel like it was dragging on for six days. When Friday did finally arrive Jeff and I just hung out and watched the old movie, 'Little Big Man', it's still good almost 40 years later. We needed to rest up for everything we were trying to cram into the next two days.

On Saturday moring while I was having my hair cut Jeff was on a motorcycle ride with the hair dresses husband. The ride was longer than the hair cut, so I got a few things done around the house. We had planed to go to Andersons Iris Garden in Forest Lake, so I called to get the hours. On the recording it said they had the first bloom May25th so peek won't be for a couple weeks. The plans were then changed to making the trip on Sunday June 7th instead. We are going to take the cameras and I'm sure way many pictures that we will later delete because we have so many pictures of iris. Luck for us it is digital and doesn't cost anything extra to take a lot of Iris pictures. They also sell iris and day lilies, and I think a few other types of flowers. I was told that it is an elderly couple that are really into certain flowers and grow them on the farm. It's around 20 miles north, so not a big trip, but I have been told that I will be wowed. I just might find something that would be good for our garden too. Well, I'll let you know next week.
Now we had this extra time on Saturday because we didn't go to the Iris Garden so we went to a garden boutique. Jeff found an orchid that he liked and I picked up just two new shade plants, an orange perennial Foxglove and a Foamy Bell. Also a new weeding tool which I do enjoy using. Or should I say it makes the job a bit easier.


Later that day we went to the neighbors for his birthday party. This was the most I think I have ever seen Jeff drink! I was quite surprised actually and very amused. No he didn't act silly or do anything rude, but I could tell that he was feeling Mic golden.

Sunday morning we picked up Vickie and Ridley and went to the Minnesota Zoo. I liked the Grizzly Bears. I was a little disappointed they didn't have hippos or rhinoceros. I will have to go back because I didn't see everything and the animals are in habitat enclosures so sometimes they don't want to be seen. We didn't take the rail either and I think I would like to check it out.



After the zoo I meet up with Char and we went to see the movie UP in 3D. I personally preferred Monsters vs. Aliens, but Char thought UP had a better story. I cried during Up and only laughed During Monsters vs. Aliens, I like the laugh better than cry. But both were fun in 3D. There were more adults there than kids.


Josh and Vickie came out to Stillwater to join us for dinner. Char hung around for a little while and then had to run. We ended up having to replace the gas grill we had for the wedding. To fix it would have cost as much as a new gas grill, so we got a Smoky Joe for now until we decide what to do about a new full time grill. The gas is convenient and quicker, but the Charcoal give the food a distinct flavor. If anyone has any suggestions or comments feel free to chime in.










No comments: