Sunday, May 3, 2009

gardens and wedding



Jeff returned from DC safe and sound. I only have a few photos of the weekend in Washington and this one happens to be a picture of Jeff and his son in front of the Jefferson Memorial. Hey don't blame me, Jeff came up with that one.


The garden seems to be coming out late this spring. The Magnolia is about 10days late and we only have three or four Daffodils. Well the important thing is that there is life and it seems like a mild winter on our garden.



The shot of Lola looking out the window is one of the pictures practicing depth of field. I don't think I have it mastered quite yet, but this one turned out sort of how I wanted it to. She is a rather small cat and has no problem walking along the window sill.


We attended the wedding of Vickie's good friend and neighbor on the South Hill, Catie and her new husband Drew on Saturday. They are a wonderful couple and as the brides brother commented,'weddings gives one hope'. I always cry at weddings, Vickie had a hand full of tissues ready for me. Vickie was giving the bride a little assistance getting ready, so Jeff and I watched the baby while Mom applied makeup. He was a very good boy, I almost lost it though when Grandpa started singing the 'Smarty Pants Dance' song!
We were back in Stillwater around 3 and met Char's new friend Dan. He seems like an OK guy, we had dinner together. Char postponed the Father Daughter motorcycle ride due to chilly weather ; ) It was a bit cool for any distance or speed over 40 (I think). Anyway, that will be for another day.
Well, the sun is shining the birds are singing and The garden is calling. Have a great day, I'll be in touch......










No comments: