Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring



Hope everyone had a good Earth Day. It was quite a nice spring day, with a wind. Everyday is sort of like Earth Day with my job. (Except the ones that I spray chemicals all over) Oh well, no one’s prefect right!? Actually I put down Preen on our garden in hopes of reducing the amount of maple seedlings that litter the garden. I a few years it was like a blanket. And after 3 days of wonderful spring weather it looks like the rain is headed our way and here all weekend, wet and cold, back to reality. The rain would be good. Guess we will have to take the lower temperatures too. I haven’t put the new plants that I got in the ground yet. They do have sprouts so perhaps I’ll hold on to them and plant them next month.


Jeff is in Bethesda Maryland as of 10:30ish (Central time) Friday night at just under 1100 miles. I talked to him this afternoon before he and Robin hopped on the bikes for an afternoon ride. Tomorrow the plan is to ride into Washington D.C. and get some pictures around the sights of the city. The weather there is going to be very nice this weekend, mic 70's into the 80's and mostly sunny.There is a flowering dogwood in the front yard of the house Robin lives in, Jeff says it’s beautiful. It sounds like it’s quite beautiful there right now with all the different trees and shrubs in bloom. The weather is going to be great too. It looks like it is going to be in the mid 70’s into the 80’s and mostly sunny.
Jeff will be coming back on Monday, but I'm not expecting him home until Tuesday morning. I think they are both enjoying their weekend together.

I'm still working on fine tuning my skills with the camera. I have a long way to go, but I am having fun with it. Think I am going to work with a tripod this weekend.

Gnome is checking out the Bloodroot that is blooming in the garden. And it's tricky to get a good picture of Goldie, she can't hear me when I try to get her attention or when I want her to stay.
I'm looking forward to spending some time with the girls this weekend. Char and I are going to hang out tomorrow and maybe see Montsers Vs. Allians in 3D. And Sunday do some shopping with Vickie and Ridley. And I can sleep in a little laters in the morning.
Have a good weekend.











No comments: