Sunday, April 5, 2009

Early April on 2nd St.






New Daffodils poking through the garden.


It’s hard to believe that it’s spring when I look out the window and see snow. It isn’t going to be around for long. I am going to go back to work full time tomorrow and am really hoping that it is a bit dryer than it is right now. On Thursday and Friday I spent some time cleaning up our gardens. The piles of leafs were covering the daffodils that are starting to peek through. It's exciting to me. And my hand seems to be holding up pretty well. Yes it hurts, but I feel confident that it is improving and in time it will be a noticable improvement.





Yesterday was the last of two bridal showers I went to for a neighbor girl Vickie grew up with, Katie. She is a sweetheart and we wish her and Drew all the best in their new lives together. The wedding isn’t actually till May 2nd. Kate’s sister, Dorthy and Vickie hosted yesterdays shower; so while Vickie was busy being the charming hostess that she is, I got to hold Ridley (when he wasn’t sleeping in his snugly thing).




Vickie &Ridley talking with Katie and her friend from college.



After the shower Vickie and Ridley gave me a ride back to Stillwater. Grandpa Jeff was waiting for us to arrive and the we had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. It was a long day and Vickie and Ridley headed back to St. Paul to take care of a sick Daddy. Hope you're feeling better Josh.









Big Blue is back! Jeff has installed new mirrors and saddle bags to the bike. And as we speak he is washing and waxing it. I need to have a little better weather to ride myself. Jeff isn't going far yet either. Still a little chilly, but I know right where the chaps and leather jacket are. By the first week of May the average temperature is 65 degrees.




















Keep a eye out for the Easter Gnome.....




































No comments: