Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To Como in Grandpas' new car
























On Saturday morning (2-20) Vickie called ask if we were interested in going to Como Conservatory seeing as our original plan of going there last Tue turned into a car shopping trip rather than a fun day at the greenhouse. We picked the two Hollands up and headed to St Paul for a warm and fun afternoon enjoying the flowers and fern. Vickie and I went to the monkey house with Ridley to see who was showing off that day.















There is a sloth that naps in the rain forest room during the day. In the evening they take her back to the area in the zoo with the other sloths. The birds fly over head and there are interesting fish and even some snakes (in cages) and a Ray swimming circles around the large turtle. On other visits I have seen lizards clinging to the walls and mice cleaning up the fallen bird seed. There were a lot of people there this day and the local population were more hidden this day.

















The sunken garden was adorned for Valentines Day last week, and the fragrance of the lily's in the solarium was intoxicating. Not to mention how beautiful the flowers were surrounding the reflection pool. That is one of my favorite places to go no matter the season.






And that's right, this blog has something to do with Jeff's new car.... He has been mentioning for some time that we were going to have to start thinking about a different vehicle soon, and after the last four or five weeks of driving Jeff and the Blazer around I was in agreement with him. The Blazer was a good vehicle but the mileage was getting up there and it was smelling like anti-freeze and make strange noises. Jeff puts on a lot of miles tuning pianos and the best choose was the Prius. And Yes, the brakes work and no it is not Powder Blue. It is about the same color as his motorcycle, Royal Blue. I was a bit surprised that he and all his tools fit in it; but they do and it is comfortable and rides quite well. And on the first tank of gas he averaged like 45 miles to the gallon! KerChing. When we left the dealer I told Jeff that I feel like I am turning blue and growing a tail! (I'll never get that tall)
Did I mention that we saw Avatar in 3D? Only the best movie I have ever seen in my life. This is a must on Blue ray. If you haven't seen it yet, I would strongly suggest that you see it on the big screen. I am looking forward to seeing 'Alice in Wonderland' in a couple weeks. That's one of my favorite story's.

No comments: