Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas in Sheboygan









What a great time we had during my last visit home. I saw Char Thursday night after taking the long way there. Guess I learned my lesson not to depend on machines. (And for the record, Milwaukee rush hour isn't as bad as Minneapolis.) Doris had a tree that she said Char could use and even brought it over. We gave her a hand setting it up and then watched and helped wrap presents for her co-workers as she hung the lights and placed the garland. It's very pretty tree.







Doris had Friday off so we hung out for awhile in the morning then visited with Kate, David and Vicky. Kate invited us for pizza and we watched what seemed to be hundreds of birds come and go to the heated bird bath and feeders outside the patio door.










I believe this is a red bellied woodpecker.







Male Cardinal
Doris and I continued on to Mothers where I got the close up of a Cardinal right outside the kitchen window. We had dinner with Mom and finally started to fulfill a promise I made to help out with a little cleaning. We sort of got a little later start than I had intended, so I'll have to pick up where I left off after the first of the year.

On Saturday afternoon Lori, Vicky, Doris and I met up at Grandma's house and headed out to a wonderful day together wondering shops and seeing Saint Nick. I was so excited, I felt like a little child. Thanks girls for putting up with my silliness. I am feeling a family tradition coming on and if we have a little better planning we will hopefully have a few more ladies join us next year.



















And I got to hug St. Nick.





No comments: